Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11/08/11

I sit in a room filled with the seeds of greatness. Laptop computers lay stacked on a table. A multi-faced clock displays the times of California, Italy and, (where I currently reside) Loveland. Spirited conversations surround me about cooking, writing, holistic medicine, and getting into college. This is my second day at the Be You house in Loveland, Colorado at which a revolution of education is taking place. I am volunteering here in an effort to discover what it is I really want to do with my life. Recently, I have broken up with my girlfriend, quit my job, and moved back in with my parents. I have half of a BFA with an emphasis on writing/directing film, a good deal of self-taught electrical engineering knowledge, the ability to play seven instruments, I speak three languages, and can tell you how a computer works; yet, I lack any sort of certificate (be it diploma or otherwise) to prove my knowledge of these subjects. Also, I am nineteen years old.
   
     In the following days, I shall do my best to chronicle my experiences and discoveries within the Be You house. This blog is more of an organization of my own thoughts and a way to get into the habit of writing everyday, than an epic of self-discovery. But if someone beyond myself finds my prose entertaining, then, by all means, enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. love this Jake. looking forward to learning from you.. with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this yesterday, Jake, very cool. I can't wait to read what you come up with next (and, yes, I do find your prose entertaining). Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete